Wednesday

Living with Lenno - Week 1



What a week! Having Lenno in our lives has been nothing short of amazing. He has made us laugh non stop and has become my best little friend. I cannot believe how many people have stopped to talk to me when I have him with me! You are never lonely when you own a pet and a pet is definitely a great way to meet new people...and we haven't even been to puppy school yet.

When it comes to the BEST puppy gadget so far, it has to be Lenno's playpen. I bought it from a big pet warehouse, for about $60. Buying it was the best decision I have made for him (and us!). You can see from the photo below that it is just like a baby's playpen. We have put him in the pen to sleep and when he needs some "quiet time". He feels safe in his little area and I can safely leave him here when I am cooking or doing jobs around the house. He is also happy to sit in his playpen at work. I've been rewarding him with a little treat and lots of praise when he is calmly resting here. It is amazing how quickly he caught on to the routine!

Here's a picture of the playpen. There is a red blanket hanging behind his bed to stop the cold drafts at night! (Puppies and Kittens are not very good at keeping themselves warm)



Of course, Lenno has also been allowed a little bit of couch time too. I am happy to allow pets on the couch. There are some people who believe this can cause 'dominance issues" but animal behaviouralists are now moving away from this idea and understand that dogs want to be part of a family unit and simply like to be with you. Of course any signs of aggression or if your pet is not happy to be moved may be an indication it is best for time out off the couch. So far, Lenno is happy to just snuggle. He especially loves a woolly blanket!





Lenno has a few idiosyncrasies that I love. I managed to get one on camera (see his tongue below). I haven't managed to catch him snoring or barking in his sleep (I think he chases rabbits in his dreams!)





Stay tuned for photos of Lenno's first bath!